Air in DI chamber

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new (3 mo) Spectrapure RO/DI 75 gal unit that has had maybe 80 gal run through it. My source water is 335 tho at 60 psi, sediment, carbon and membrane are original. The DI filter is on its third filter. Tsk out of membrane is 4-7 and this after DI is 0. Two questions why did DI filter start passing 5-7 tds after 20-30 gal. Also I notice air in the top of the DI unit if unit hasn’t been used for 3 or4 weeks. Is this bad and if so how do I stop it. Ends of tubes are all stored above canisters to prevent siphon.

OP
OP
Dub

Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new (3 mo) Spectrapure RO/DI 75 gal unit that has had maybe 80 gal run through it. My source water is 335 tho at 60 psi, sediment, carbon and membrane are original. The DI filter is on its third filter. Tsk out of membrane is 4-7 and this after DI is 0. Two questions why did DI filter
start passing 5-7 tds after 20-30 gal. Also I notice air in the top of the DI unit if unit hasn’t been used for 3 or4 weeks. Is this bad and if so how do I stop it. Ends of tubes are all stored above canisters to prevent siphon.
Bump

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your source water from a well?

As far as the air in the DI canister goes, as long as there is water at the bottom of the canister to keep the DI resin moist, you’re fine. The air in the canister is due to gravity. If while you’re making water and you place the DI tube outlet is above the DI canister, the air would go away. My guess is that while you’re making water, the end of the DI line as well as your water storage container is below the DI canister, hence the air. This explanation for the air issue is direct from SpectraPure. I asked this same question about the air in the DI canister when I got my Spectrapure unit years ago.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%

Back