Alex's 20g Rag Tag Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this tank far many years restarted it about 3 times. The first time was a wild success i even had a bubble tip with two different species of clowns hosting the same anemone. A urchin died and crashed my tank overnight. The second time i had the tank going good it didn't crash or anything but i did move out of my parents house and couldn't take it with me. I also had a bunch of other things going on in my life at that time that took my attention away from my passion of keeping reefs. I recently got back into it full force ready to make it happen and have another successful tank like my first. In this thread i hope to share with everyone my tank, livestock, and the progression of my tank aswell as the ups and downs. I will be listing the Hardware i am currently running aswell as my maintenance schedule and if anyone is interested feel free to just ask and i will get back to you with any info you want. here we go

Hardware as follows:
-Kessil a350w tuna blue ( 12 Hours on 12 Off)
-Reef Octopus bh-100 HOB skimmer (re-introoduced about 5 months after tank restart)
-Hydor koralia power head 2x
-HOB carbon filter also running some phosguard at the moment usually us the chemi-pure
-Standard heater...

i usually do a 5 gallon water change a week. i also dose reef fusion 2 part on weeks i cant do a water change. i clean everything every-other month or so powerheads,light,u name it.

livestock is only coral at the moment.
need help on Iding a few coral
i have a colony of frogspawn around 16 heads
some sort of acan
a small favia frag
and a frag of montipora digi

any questions drop em down below i will post pictures in a little bit.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0917.jpg
IMG_0921.jpg IMG_0924.jpg IMG_0919.jpg
I am missing one frag

Abdullah Al Faruq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could turn out to be a great looking setup as time goes by. As the experts say, do not chase numbers. Read up on water parameters and keeping those stable. Research on power backup options. And, neither be lazy or hyperactive. Just relax and talk it easy. Wishing this reef tank a very long life.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could turn out to be a great looking setup as time goes by. As the experts say, do not chase numbers. Read up on water parameters and keeping those stable. Research on power backup options. And, neither be lazy or hyperactive. Just relax and talk it easy. Wishing this reef tank a very long life.

this was my tank now its a little more my dads now but i have plans on putting together a crazy nuvo fusion 20g build. but ive taken care of and have had success with 180g mixed reef at my school and a couple of small 5 gallon tanks. yeah i gotta buy all new equipment but its defiantly gonna be worth it.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 153 75.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 30 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back