Algae build up and corals not happy

Not enough bubbles. Could be a greenish diatom..either way..aforementioned cure.
20210919_114022.jpg
 
Need some help been a bit confused and can’t wrap my head around this. I have a 30L innovative marine 30g AIO it’s been up and running for about 6 months. Recently I’ve had a bit of an algae break out and my corals don’t seem to be thriving (zoas not fully open.. etc) as they were before. my nitrates are at 0I added another fish and started feeding more and still 0. Last week my phosphates read .18 I added phosogaurd then yesterday my po4 was 0 and today now all the way up to .51 while No3 staying at 0.

all other parameters are

Salinity- 1.026
Ph- 8.0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate-0
Ammonia- 0
Alk- 7.1
Mag-1480
Calc-449

suggestions?
Need some help been a bit confused and can’t wrap my head around this. I have a 30L innovative marine 30g AIO it’s been up and running for about 6 months. Recently I’ve had a bit of an algae break out and my corals don’t seem to be thriving (zoas not fully open.. etc) as they were before. my nitrates are at 0I added another fish and started feeding more and still 0. Last week my phosphates read .18 I added phosogaurd then yesterday my po4 was 0 and today now all the way up to .51 while No3 staying at 0.

all other parameters are

Salinity- 1.026
Ph- 8.0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate-0
Ammonia- 0
Alk- 7.1
Mag-1480
Calc-449

suggestions?

AC049614-7DC4-4FFB-B091-207187487B98.jpeg ob
Could be that the Algae is consuming the nutrients and not the corals. I see to be in a similar situation with my softies starving which led me to dose nitrate and phosphate along with aminos. Watch out for any blooms if you overdose, this could be problematic.
 
So for anyone that was following this with a similar issue I was able to work it out! I had a good amount of algae built up in the back chamber walls and also some on the rocks. I spent some time and scraped everything off the walls and did a water change to siphon out the scraped algae. All that build up was sucking up my nutrients. Within a day my corals were opened up and happy as can be! Good luck to all and thanks for everyone’s replies helping out
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new