Algae control

SKZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,can you give me some suggestions on how to get rid of the algae? This tank is a red sea reefer170. I have a media reactor with Two little fish Phosban in a media reactor, hanging at the show tank. A bag with seachem Purigen and a bag with seachem Seagel at the bottom tank.
Didn't set up a protein skimmer at the bottom tank. I use an Aquamaxx Hang-on skimmer at the show tank. The NO2/NO3 is always nearly 0, I don't have a test for PO4. Why does the hair algae keep growing in this tank? My light for this tank is red sea led50, exactly 12 hours light per day and I even lower 20% for algae control. But the red finger gorgonian I got a month ago seems to be fine here, I can see its fully white polyps in the daytime.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your water source? RO/DI?

Knowing what your P04 is, is important.

OP
OP
S

SKZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do use RO water. I thought phosban in media reactor was able to control algea so I didnt buy PO4 test kit. I have a bag of red sea carbon at the filter bag. I've heard someone says that using carbon could raise PO4. Or do I need to clean my filter bag more ofter?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back