Algae ID : can't find anything anywhere

MattyMart

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I've scoured the net for days.

Can anyone help me ID this algae / other? It was on some rock I got and I thought it may have been some sort of dead algae or critter. I scrubbed it really well and put it in a tub with a powerhead and lid for a few weeks. I also scrubbed it again before putting it in my tank.

I noticed after putting it my tank it was still there and scrubbed it again with a toothbrush. I thought I didn't do a great job of getting it off. Well, it keeps coming back! It's a whitish color and doesn't grow super fast. It also doesn't grow out long. The pictures shows the max length.

I have 2 giant turbos, 7 nassarius snails, and one conch that don't touch it.

It's flowy and runs off pretty easy. Any help is awesome!

Thanks again

IMG_2208.jpeg
 
Sorry, I’m not sure where I’m looking in the photo?
 
Upvote 0
I guess if it’s the white stringy stuff could it be hydroids? Or a macro algae that hasn’t hit stride and peak form yet
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new