Algae ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
397
Reaction score
212
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have noticed little areas of this algae popping up. It seems like none of my CUC of various snails, hermits, or algae eating fish (Tang, Hectors goby, Blenny, etc) will touch it. It's kinda hard to pull off the substrate it grows on and is starting to spread so I want to get in front of it, but without knowing what it is it's tough to educate myself. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

PXL_20260117_220419369.jpg PXL_20260117_220448843.jpg PXL_20260117_220458919.jpg
 
Thanks, never heard of it. I'll check it out, thanks!
 
Yea, looks like Ulva
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new