Algae ID, Pretty Please

hammerhead911

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section. If I did, please move to the appropriate area. My tank has been up and running for about 6 months. I had some nice rock in the tank, then I picked a few extra rocks up about 2 months ago. Had some nice sponges, tiny brittle stars, and a tiny pencil urchin. Then I noticed this algae growing. It went from zero to about the size of my palm in two months. Looks kinda cool now.... Can anyone ID it for me, please? Good or bad?

DjsCu9O.jpg

mRXGqQV.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new