Algae is growing inside my coral??

Purple Platapus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2015
Messages
96
Reaction score
27
Location
Vancouver, B.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone...
So I first noticed a brown/green coloured thing coming out of the mouth of my blasto, and I first assumed that it was poop. Fast forward it to more than two weeks, it is still there. It looks almost like hair algae. I tried to pull it out but it seems like it might be stuck or attatched on the inside of themouth cavity of the coral. Have any of you ever experienced anything like this? Should I do something about it? I circled the thing in question in red.
2016-01-02 21.56.14.png
 
I'm not familiar with blastos, but I hope it's okay.
 
This thread is old, but I see the same thing happening with one of my large blastos. Looks like hair algae. I haven't tried to remove it, but it doesn't seem to be harming the blasto so far.

20190807_122814_crop.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new