Algae on goni frag

Arom81

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2020
Messages
48
Reaction score
66
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering of anyone has any tips on removing hair algae from a goni frag. The algae is growing in between some polyps not on the plug. It's an amazeballs goni so I really want to clear this up without risking the coral.
Thanks

20220829_113133.jpg
 
Yikes. If it were not such an expensive coral I'd say put it in a mixture of peroxide and tank water to clear it up... But probably not worth the risk.

Maybe just get the polyps to retract and pull the algae off with needle top tweezers manually.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new