Algae on my toadstool frag

IIDRYWATERII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Tried brushing the algae off the toadstool but it won’t budge…. Would you dip it with RX coral dip or will it get rid of it when it sheds the wax? Been like this 2 week..

Cheers

image.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t look happy at all. I would do a water change and then test the parameters to see that they are good.
Water movement and light exposure would also be things to consider but something isn’t working for it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi

Tried brushing the algae off the toadstool but it won’t budge…. Would you dip it with RX coral dip or will it get rid of it when it sheds the wax? Been like this 2 week..

Cheers

image.jpg
A sure sign that its lacking water flow. These guys need medium water flow and moderate light as well as phosphate not elevated.
You can take a turkey baster and give them a few bursts to see if sediment comes off of them. Lower the whites just slightly

OP
OP
IIDRYWATERII

IIDRYWATERII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sure sign that its lacking water flow. These guys need medium water flow and moderate light as well as phosphate not elevated.
You can take a turkey baster and give them a few bursts to see if sediment comes off of them. Lower the whites just slightly
won’t come off with baster or brush

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 30 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 114 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back