Algae or something else on gsp

megafauna1992

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Pen Argyl
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this? How do I fix? The gsp has not fully opened since I got it a few weeks ago.

IMG_5283.jpeg IMG_5281.jpeg
 
Looks like green hair algae winning over GSP.
Maybe some astrea?
 
I’m not sure if it’s GHA or bryopsis… seems like time for chemical intervention if you want to save the GSP.
 
I had algae grow like that on my GSP as well, thankfully GSP is almost impossible to kill. Take a toothbrush to it and gently scrub the algae off. It definitely feels wrong to do so but they’ll be fine lol. Mine opens up just fine the next day after I scrub them, a few polyps may stay closed a little bit longer than that.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new