Algae Turf Scrubber

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by filter? They absorb the nutrients to grow when lights are on I believe. So more light = more nutrient reduction for the tank. I don't think they absorb anything at all when lights are off during the respiration part (where they release co2 back to water). I could be wrong but this is my thought on it.

OP
OP
Purpletang92

Purpletang92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by filter? They absorb the nutrients to grow when lights are on I believe. So more light = more nutrient reduction for the tank. I don't think they absorb anything at all when lights are off during the respiration part (where they release co2 back to water). I could be wrong but this is my thought on it.
Is nutrients absorbed when the lights are off ?

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is nutrients absorbed when the lights are off ?
Like I said earlier, I don't believe anything at all is absorbed when lights are off. The way I understand it, is that they need light in order to utilize anything else in the water (to grow at least). Thus no light means nothing is absorbed.

Marco9926

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...i think that as for every photosyntethic organism, the cycle night/day it’s a must...

Marco9926

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead.....Is it possible to run the ATS since the beginning if the tank cycle, or is better to wait Nitrate come out?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back