• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Algaebarn

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Biocube32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order was placed Saturday near midnight. I got an email sunday saying my order was “processed.” Have not received yet or any other tracking info. Charge has been posted on my credit card. Supposed to be 2-3 day priority mail. I have an order number but after logging into the website, it says i have no active orders to track. Have been trying to contact since about 5pm central time yesterday evening and also at 8am this morning. Wanted to put live pods in the tank before I left town for a few days, but now not sure the pods will happen. I leave Sunday. Still waiting to hear anything back other than an automated chatbot or automated email.

OP
OP
Biocube32

Biocube32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No response yet. Have tried calling their posted number on facebook three times, and left a message. Sent a facebook message, sent several messages on their online communicator chatbot thing on their website.

OP
OP
Biocube32

Biocube32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to their profile page on this website, they were last active around 8:30 last night.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder;
Outside comments are not permitted in vendor feedback. Only exception is linking to your own feedback thread in regards to the same vendor.

Crabs

OP
OP
Biocube32

Biocube32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They got back to me on Facebook this afternoon. They said there was a blizzard in Denver, and they had to put my shipment on hold until next Monday due to the blizzard. Unfortunately, I will be out of town then and will not be able to accept a delivery, so I told them that and the next best option for delivery was the following monday, which is alot later than i wanted, but oh well, not much I can do about it.

For Algaebarn, I would suggest improved communication and meaningful status updates would be helpful in maintaining clients.

I ended up having to buy pods from another vendor so i would have some in time for a finicky eating new fish before i leave town for a few days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Biocube32

Biocube32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat. I placed an order last Monday and have not heard a peep. I've tried calling and emailing. No response. Bummer as I was trying to time my arrival arrival with a new fish. Where did you end up buying pods from?
My LFS Got a shipment in Today fortunately. They were out when I asked earlier in the week.I picked them up on my lunch break. Sustainable aquatics, or something was the brand. They came in a plastic bottle. Perhaps not as many pods as I was hoping for in the algae barn container, but at least it’s something.

OP
OP
Biocube32

Biocube32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Story is a little long to type. Basically poor customer service. Would not buy from again.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Story is a little long to type. Basically poor customer service. Would not buy from again.

Hi,

I just saw this, not sure how it took that long :(. Please send me your order number, this certainly is not the norm for how we conduct business. We have improved (and continue to improve) our systems so that we can avoid any issue like this in the future.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back