Ali Prime annual maintenance

  • Thread starter Thread starter Science/G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Science/G

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2021
Messages
3,854
Reaction score
3,250
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just changed out my lenses on my AI Primes. They were both in pretty bad shape after a couple of years, and even burnt over the violet and UV diodes. They're great little lights but this relatively common issue is a problem. A couple of bucks and a new lens every year doesn't seem like a big deal. Apparently, AI does send replacement lenses under warranty. I have to look into that for next time. You will need a few sizes of Torx (star) bits to undo the outer screws and the lense screws.

IMG20250308100600.jpg
 
I have owned AI. For the money you pay it just feels like it should last longer.
Thank you for demonstration of an easy fix.
 
I have owned AI. For the money you pay it just feels like it should last longer.
Thank you for demonstration of an easy fix.
I agree, for the money you pay, melted lenses should not be an issue. I really do love the app, the color channel control, and the intensity adjustability. Those are the factors that make it worth the money for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.9%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new