Alk suppliment solidifying at end of RO tubing w/ Dosing pump

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring up a old thread. Any chance you can take a picture of this? I am having the same issue.

Thanks!

I'll be more than glad to share a photo of the way that I have mine connected. Unfortunately, I am out of town currently. As soon as I return I'll get a couple and post them.

By the way, since connecting my alkalinity and ATO line I have not had an issue. This has worked great! I struggled with this for several years and this was such a simple solution. You won't be sorry!

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be more than glad to share a photo of the way that I have mine connected. Unfortunately, I am out of town currently. As soon as I return I'll get a couple and post them.

By the way, since connecting my alkalinity and ATO line I have not had an issue. This has worked great! I struggled with this for several years and this was such a simple solution. You won't be sorry!

Cool thanks!

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies, I have gotten so tied up in things it had slipped my mind. Here are some shots of it. You can see the " Y" fitting installed bringing the two together and then the end of the lines. The bracket was something that I threw together in a hurry. An old Maxi Jet bracket and a piece of plexiglass drilled to hold the lines. It's all zip tied around the center brace of the sump (50g breeder).
9f2b0d95de70d7da50e837d36a7c72d9.jpg

f3dad5f31e0c076e297526fe746a8ae4.jpg

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting! Looks great and am glad it's working well. All the best.

Aceone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies, I have gotten so tied up in things it had slipped my mind. Here are some shots of it. You can see the " Y" fitting installed bringing the two together and then the end of the lines. The bracket was something that I threw together in a hurry. An old Maxi Jet bracket and a piece of plexiglass drilled to hold the lines. It's all zip tied around the center brace of the sump (50g breeder).
9f2b0d95de70d7da50e837d36a7c72d9.jpg

f3dad5f31e0c076e297526fe746a8ae4.jpg
Where did you get the Y fitting?

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to raise the dead, but because someone else posted last month I thought I'd just add my experience.

I was having the same crusting issues dosing Seachem Reef Fusion part 2 (Alk). On the advice of a previous post in the thread I bought a Pacific Sun DropDose Dispenser. This has resolved the crusting problem and I'm now getting accurate doses. So +1 for that option ;)

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to raise the dead, but because someone else posted last month I thought I'd just add my experience.

I was having the same crusting issues dosing Seachem Reef Fusion part 2 (Alk). On the advice of a previous post in the thread I bought a Pacific Sun DropDose Dispenser. This has resolved the crusting problem and I'm now getting accurate doses. So +1 for that option ;)
The product doesn't seem to exist anymore.

It looks like tapping the ato line into the Kalkaska line works well. The only improvent I would make is to add a check valve to each line (calcium line and ato line) upstream of the y-coupling to avoid backwash into your dosing container and tipoff water container.

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John Guest “y” connector. Alk (or kale) line joined with top off line. About $5 and ten seconds to install. Guaranteed fix forever. Doesn’t need to be more complicated than that. Top off line rinses throughout the day.

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I actually still run that DripDose Dispenser in my DT. However recently I was having a similar issue in my frag tank, and I also found it’s not manufactured anymore.

After more internet searches I came across the most crazy fix! Simply cut the end of the dosing tube at a 45 degree angle. It sounds so simple there’s no way I thought it would work. But sure enough it’s been several weeks dosing AFR and no clogs or crust at all. Amazing! :D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%

Back