Alk swings and confusion

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be missing something LOL. Why would you do a water change after testing alk and ca how could you come to a conclusion about the consumtion rate if you test then change the water? But I’m doing weekly water changes atm but they aren’t to big maybe 3 gallons of water at a time I might bump it up to 5 a week.

No that's not what I'm saying I'm just saying be more frequent and consistent when it comes to wc,aswell as testing and combating the swing

And start testing everyday and b4 wc not after and, I was saying if it's a wc over 25% I test again to verify

Sorry for any confusion, put it this way to simplify it it's like flushing a toilet, out with the old in with the new

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All those standards do is to check to make the electronics are working properly.

There is no way to "calibrate" a hanna egg.

Agreed reagents are way more reliable to a trained eye sailfert has been my go to for years and I test alk cal mag daily and n and p every time I do large wc(weekly)

I find reagents to be a better determination as electronic device were out over time due to degradation of saltwater same with the Milwaukee e refractometer I find buying a new refractometer every 6 month is way more reliable bc it's like stated above your not recalibrating your just verifying and thing will wear out and need replaced

Not hating on anyone that uses these I just prefer reagents as they are more agreeable and it's what works for me

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 87 71.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%

Back