Alkatronic Users Thread

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those still having issues with WIFI connection and cloud access, if your units is a second hand, you have to tell the previous owner to login into the cloud and unlink the alkatronic from his account. Then you will be able to register the system under your account and will be displayed correctly on cloud. This is exactly what happened to me, after a couple of hrs trying and I was sure that the system was connected to my router, this was what fixed the cloud connection.

Hope this can help somebody.

reef / aholic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally joined the family ...

IMG_4391.jpg

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone run across this issue. When I attempt to upgrade my firmware, I get stuck at "Checking target MCU..." and it hangs there forever. My unit is first gen.

I don't use Facebook, does anyone have an email support address for them? Oops, nevermind, it is on their website.

I am hoping they have fixed the connectivity issues in the new firmware. My unit connects fine to the cloud, but BT is terrible (drops constantly) and the new controls in the portal don't seem to work for a lot of options (like calibrating the PH probe).

** Update ** Nevermind, I heard from Focustronic. User error, I needed to plug the unit back into power to start the upgrade (I was thinking the USB was powering the SBC, nope).

Dennis

Last edited:

djreastman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone run across this issue. When I attempt to upgrade my firmware, I get stuck at "Checking target MCU..." and it hangs there forever. My unit is first gen.

I don't use Facebook, does anyone have an email support address for them? Oops, nevermind, it is on their website.

I am hoping they have fixed the connectivity issues in the new firmware. My unit connects fine to the cloud, but BT is terrible (drops constantly) and the new controls in the portal don't seem to work for a lot of options (like calibrating the PH probe).

** Update ** Nevermind, I heard from Focustronic. User error, I needed to plug the unit back into power to start the upgrade (I was thinking the USB was powering the SBC, nope).

Dennis
I wish I was making the same mistake. I'm also stuck on the "Checking target MCU..." but the unit is powered up (off and then on) and no response. The serial port driver is installed fine. I'm also trying to fix the lack of control through the cloud or android app and unable to calibrate pumps. Display says version 4.0.2.1 when I turn it on.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was supposed to be the corrective buffer solution for action mode? I tried once and it's said to dose 57ml solution. But based on the calculator using BRS 2 part, it should be only 16.7ml. Is there any instruction on how to mix the kh buffer to the expected concentration?

MentalNote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Alkatronic, you can use any alk buffer solution.

There is a table in the manual or on their website that shows how to modify the “aquarium volume” to account for different Alkalinity concentrations.

ReefBeta

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Alkatronic, you can use any alk buffer solution.

There is a table in the manual or on their website that shows how to modify the “aquarium volume” to account for different Alkalinity concentrations.

Ah, found it. So the default is based on classic balling recipe. Knowing that make the calculation easy enough.

Kayvon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any Alkatronic user tell me what the differences between the different batches are? I have found someone selling a batch 1 unit, but am not sure on if there's a groundbreaking update.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any Alkatronic user tell me what the differences between the different batches are? I have found someone selling a batch 1 unit, but am not sure on if there's a groundbreaking update.

Make sure that it has the quiet kit upgrade on it. To be honest it would be better to find a batch 3 unit.

Get ready to change its intake filter / check valve, pump inner tubings, and buy a new ph probe.

Bought a batch 3 on the first US shipment and have never taken another firmware update for the main unit.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols
Would it be worth it if it were $300?

Unless you know the seller and have seen it run (with the silencing kit), I'd take a pass and wait on a Batch 3 unit to pop up.

JMO...

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone had an issue with the alkatronic being stuck in please wait I bought a brand new one today managed to connect but the pump would prime so I turned it off and back on and it’s been stuck just saying please wait... in the front for a couple hours now I did turn it in and off a couple times

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new to me (used) Alkatronic is a brick right now. Setup and wifi connection was successful, completed 3 scheduled measurements, then I opened up the Remote Desktop on my pc after closing out the app to see if I was going to be able to access the info while I’m traveling and it’s locked up. I’ve logged in and out from both multiple times including removing wifi from setting, saving after every change, unplugging, waiting, etc. App says it’s connected, shows up as active in my router, password and ssid are correct, but any entry does not reflect on the lcd screen, won’t do a forced measurement from remote or app. I was receiving some basic tips via email from support but they have been silent for 2 days now. Any ideas on what I can do here?

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new to me (used) Alkatronic is a brick right now. Setup and wifi connection was successful, completed 3 scheduled measurements, then I opened up the Remote Desktop on my pc after closing out the app to see if I was going to be able to access the info while I’m traveling and it’s locked up. I’ve logged in and out from both multiple times including removing wifi from setting, saving after every change, unplugging, waiting, etc. App says it’s connected, shows up as active in my router, password and ssid are correct, but any entry does not reflect on the lcd screen, won’t do a forced measurement from remote or app. I was receiving some basic tips via email from support but they have been silent for 2 days now. Any ideas on what I can do here?

did the previous owner unregister the Alkatronic?

if not, it will not work correctly with a new user. This happened to me and Focustronic support was able to fix it.

Marlon_Holland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my second hand Alkatronic says off line in the app and I am trying to figure out how to get it back online help please. The previous owner has unlinked their account, so I see the device in the app, but offline.

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my second hand Alkatronic says off line in the app and I am trying to figure out how to get it back online help please. The previous owner has unlinked their account, so I see the device in the app, but offline.
1. Restart the Alkatronic
2. Wait for BT connection
3. Clear the wifi credentials and press save
4. Enter the wifi credentials and press save
5. Enable alerts for ”dKH high” and ”dKH low”, and press save
6. Kill app
7. Restart Alkatronic again. DO NOT OPEN THE APP NOW.
8. Wait for a few minutes (still do not connect with app)
9. Check in router to see if you can see “raspberrypi”, if you do, Alkatronic now
communicates with your router
These steps worked for me

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back