Alkatronic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity did Neptune influence the decision with direct communication they didn't want you to carry trident competition?

Of course it did. Considering how long it too them to even make an effort and try the Alkatronic, coupled with their relationship with Neptune... I kinda figured the Alkatronic was never gonna get a fair go. Not surprising, just disappointing.

BRS does carry the KH Director by GHL

I wonder when we'll see a BRStv video about a GHL product ;)
The year 2050 I suspect lol

I’d call this more than fairly accurate...

Yup. Alkatronic is spot on. The initial BlueTooth setup was annoying, I'll give them that. But in terms of accuracy, its spot on with both the Hanna checker and RedSea Alk kit.

Last edited:

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder when we'll see a BRStv video about a GHL product ;)
The year 2050 I suspect lol

Oh, they aren't going to. They answered that on one of their livestreams and immediately after the question was asked in chat Terrance chimed in "Don't kill the puppy."

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, they aren't going to. They answered that on one of their livestreams and immediately after the question was asked in chat Terrance chimed in "Don't kill the puppy."

Yeah, BRS being in bed with Neptune is likely a fantastic thing from a business perspective. But it stifles competition and ultimately just hurts the consumer. And with a hobby this small (relatively) it also breeds a lot of fanboyism and misinformation. Its mainly the false sense of objectivity being projected (marketed) that bothers me. It feels very disingenuous.

Such is the way of capitalism, though. So I can't act too surprised.

Anyway, MACNA is tomorrow. So who knows, maybe something will be announced that will blow both the Alkatronic and the Trident out of existence. I'd be okay with that lol. I like seeing this stuff grow. More auto-testers! I want more!!!

Last edited:

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
initial setup can have some hiccups but the alkatronic is a solid device otherwise l. I agree that brs has too much invested with Neptune’s to make other devices look great. I’m sure they get special discounted pricing under even regular wholesale for pushing so Neptune’s so hard. Either way the alka has been amazing for me and “fairly accurate”
7DBA92E5-8E8D-432A-9814-5C6DAF3918DB.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back