OP
OP
P

Pudge&Bubbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's kinda funny.... there are a few of us, all fish on the right side of the tank. Hmmm...... my "right side of the tank" is also the north side. Sometimes I'm just left scratching my head

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s so weird that this topic was brought up today. I noticed the same thing in my tank. Everyone was in one little space, I have a 36 inch long tank with plenty of swimming room. Even though it’s only 30 Gallon. So yesterday I rescaped it and now everyone is all over the tank finding new caves, arches etc. Mainly I moved the barnacle that the clowns host in more to the middle and it seemed to work. Just a thought beside the heater..

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except during feeding time mine seldom congregated. I use lots of rock with lots of hiding space. I had people say all you have is three fish told them no there is about 25 of them in there. They would then watch and see after I fed them.

OP
OP
P

Pudge&Bubbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still working on my rockwork. I only had these large rocks I was unhappy with. I got my hands on some smaller ones and built some arches. The tang is the only one who hides in her spot. Well. The engineers have their hole now.

It's a rock on that end, topped in fuzzy mushrooms. The engineers are under it, and the clowns and chromis are always in front of it.

I give them all this space! Lol ...

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish stay pretty scattered. However, it took me about a day or two to realize why my male angel is always hanging out in the same place most of the time. It was where they autofeeder was placed. Smart fish.
They are pigs. They congregate to me too. They love algae sheets.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine congregate on the side closest to where I am because they're bums looking for food :)
This was my first thought. I’ve got a pretty heavily stocked tank and they all squeeze into a 6 inch section of the corner when they see me coming. And they’re all fat cause I’m an enabler...

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish in the wild often hang out in spots where the current sweeps them food but near to cover where they can hide when a predator swims by.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back