hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been dosing All for Reef for a month now, it seems like a good product. At first it brought my high levels of Alk down to proper levels. Calcium levels has been stable around 440/450.
Calcium has started to drop more frequently and Alk has risen back to 14/15KH.

I remember watching a BRS video on YouTube speaking about it and Ray I think that’s his name, mentioned how All For Reef creates a certain calcium by the amount of another substance in the water. He specifically mentioned the particular calcium name. I can’t find that video for the life of me now.

Any who corals are consuming more calcium and I want to keep it balanced. I want to figure out if anyone else know of the calcium BRS mentioned in the video

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All for Reef uses carbo calcium. Bacteria in the tank breaks it down into usable calcium and alkalinity.
Thanks, interesting enough it keeps calcium at that 440 point in my tank and dips here and there from coral consumption but now I’m trying to get Alk down so I guess add more bacteria for All for Reef to release more carbo calcium in order to compensate for Alk?
I have to research more to see if it can be done

IMG_4975.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back