all green rainbow splice support group

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news! Mine is starting to streak. Was completely green initially. I did not cut it or scrape at all. Just left it alone.

Attachments

• 20230301_185246.jpg
    20230301_185246.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 138

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Good news! Mine is starting to streak. Was completely green initially. I did not cut it or scrape at all. Just left it alone.
That's Awesome! I lost mine and still need to pick up another one. Got me wanting an all green one to see what it can really turn into.

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's Awesome! I lost mine and still need to pick up another one. Got me wanting an all green one to see what it can really turn into.
I was nervous that it was going to stay green. It's taken a really long time...about a year. This frag has been a slow grower.

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over a year ago. January '22. Been such a slow grower.
Odd that its a slow grower for you, might want to switch its spot and add more par or flow. Mine grows a lot faster then most my sps. Could be a lot of reasons but your the first that have mentioned this being a slow grower.

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd that its a slow grower for you, might want to switch its spot and add more par or flow. Mine grows a lot faster then most my sps. Could be a lot of reasons but your the first that have mentioned this being a slow
It has recently started showing some more rapid growth. I hoping it's taking off now. If not, I'm def going to try to move it

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has recently started showing some more rapid growth. I hoping it's taking off now. If not, I'm def going to try to move it
Nice! It could of been that your parameters were a lot different then were the piece came from. I got a frag from TSA that took 8 months just to show polyps but now its growing like a weed

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! It could of been that your parameters were a lot different then were the piece came from. I got a frag from TSA that took 8 months just to show polyps but now its growing like a weed
How were the polyps on day one? From my pictures above I’m just now realizing I lost a lot of PE from when I got it.

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How were the polyps on day one? From my pictures above I’m just now realizing I lost a lot of PE from when I got it.
Day one they were very short from when i saw it in the bag from delivery and the next morning after put it in the tank. I got my piece from TCK so they keep their alk at the time at 9, min is at 8.0 so im guessing that swing caused a little stress.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day one they were very short from when i saw it in the bag from delivery and the next morning after put it in the tank. I got my piece from TCK so they keep their alk at the time at 9, min is at 8.0 so im guessing that swing caused a little stress.
TCK. That makes sense. I was thinking from your last post that I don’t remember TSA having one

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
20230503_192622.jpg

Just scored a green splice for a great price and now I'm here for emotional support

Nice! I've got one as well, need to add it to the group. I've had mine for about a month or so. It settled in well and seems like it's going to be a good grower. It's already done a good amount of entrusting since I mounted it to my live rock.

cloud9aquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I've got one as well, need to add it to the group. I've had mine for about a month or so. It settled in well and seems like it's going to be a good grower. It's already done a good amount of entrusting since I mounted it to my live rock.
Throw it up! We're all in this together haha

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back