all green rainbow splice support group

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One year growth pics--- It's about 5" now.
There is some small random red on some coralites and tip areas.

Rainbow splice 0116222.jpg
Rainbow Splice green 011124.jpg
rainbow spice macro shot.jpg

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my green blob lol. Getting quite a bit of red recently but no branching growth….. I believe it has potential

Attachments

• IMG_3505.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 75

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my green blob lol. Getting quite a bit of red recently but no branching growth….. I believe it has potential
That’s awesome. I believe you don’t belong to this group lol. Did you buy it with the red? If not that’s insane you got red before any significant growth.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been lurking on this thread for the last year or so reading page by page, poster by poster. I decided to take a chance and purchased an all green RRC Splice from TCK Corals last year. I had some hope that the little bugger would eventually start showing some red. I received the frag in March 2023, the frag pic is from May 2023 and it was growing well and encrusting. Nothing but green!!! I have a mesoscope (some old timers will remember this amazing little reef toy from years back) so I can view every inch of my corals up close and personal. About 2 months ago, I started to see a VERY small drip of red about 1/3 of the way down the main frag branch on a couple of corralites. About two weeks ago I noticed a red polyp at the tip of the main branch. This thing has really encrusted and grown well over the last 11 months, it’s shooting up branches from the encrusted portion and happily sitting under about 450 PAR getting blasted by a combo of MH/T5/LED. Today I got out the camera and took a shot of the tip, DEFINITELY red!!! So tiny though, lol. My hope is now that it has started developing some red in a few spots it will keep on going and I’ll get some more decent streaks to share.

Seriously, don’t give up. This frag had NO red at all. I paid $140 for the frag and took the chance. As this grows bigger and bigger I think more will develop. So worth it for the fun of taking a chance and having it realized, one tiny red splotch/speck/drip at a time

The small colony today through the dirty front glass.
IMG_9067.jpeg

The amazingly small single red polyp with the red, red, red on the fleshy tip that we all want to see!!!
IMG_9064.jpeg

The frag in May 2023
IMG_7344.jpeg

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I haven’t been paying a lot of attention to this grow out, but I looked at it a week or two ago and had to do a double take. One of my green splice grow outs has got some red! This was one of the frags I cut from my original green splice to grow out, I don’t think any of the others have. I think I killed one of them and the other is still all green as far as I can tell
IMG_0686.jpeg

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a nexus joker nem and told it that rainbow splice can get the red and that it can do it too. So far, no good.

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m not sure how that works with nexus nems, I have been curious. If I had more space for nems I would probably give it a try

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure how that works with nexus nems, I have been curious. If I had more space for nems I would probably give it a try
I don’t think it works like our friendly acro here. Mine has split 6 times and not even a speck of bright has shown up on any of them. At least there is a vendor out there selling the bursts for a reasonable price ($100) now.

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome. I believe you don’t belong to this group lol. Did you buy it with the red? If not that’s insane you got red before any significant growth.
It was all green when I got it. It’s in a weird spot in the back of my tank so hard to get a pic but here’s a shot of it from today. Getting taller and redder but still no branching!

IMG_3777.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back