all green rainbow splice support group

Baby_Shark

King of shark week!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s kinda strange. Used to all green but now that’s the colors are coming back it’s getting a lot of red out of no where. I’ll keep updating pictures but it seems possible for red to appear without any prior
Is the bottom one the before pic?

Tompickles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to see other peoples progress pics. I got my green splice from a tck corals live sale a few weeks back.
E3E96192-1C7A-424E-9102-B5824E7FD8EB.jpeg
35348ADA-4CE6-4AC6-A508-317FC5BCCB07.jpeg

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So is the consensus that they stay green or is there a slice of hope?I
I don't think there is a consensus yet. A couple people have posted that they had all green and got some red. so i think there is enough evidence to say there is a chance, but it either takes a lot of time or is relatively uncommon for the red to come in on an all green one. I will continue to look for examples but if you want want the true rainbow splice experience probably better off buying one with some red on it.

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% the green frags can develop red. I’ve had multiple people I know get green frags and now their mini colonies have red branches. Personally I had one all green nub grow into a mini colony, with the 5th branch grown develop the purple. Have hope, it will happen.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to get an (as yet) all green splice frag. It's a super healthy frag, fully encrusted on the plug and about 2.5" long and starting to branch. Just wondering if it's worth the money for an all green one when I've seen red/green frags going for the same money elsewhere (much smaller frags, of course).

I guess my real question is, what would you pay for the Splice frag pictured (in the middle behind the JF Fox Flame)?

1665072938478.png

OP
OP
Joe462

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That is a nice big frag, but I would still be hesitant to pay a premium price for an all green one. You just don’t know when or if it’s going to develop the red. I paid 300 for mine it was about an inch with a couple small branches. If I had it to do over I’m not sure I would be willing to pay that much. With out the red it’s nothing special, just paying for potential.

i know where that one is coming from and it’s probably very healthy, not trying to talk you out of it. But it’s likely going to take a lot of patience and maybe some luck to get the red.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice big frag, but I would still be hesitant to pay a premium price for an all green one. You just don’t know when or if it’s going to develop the red. I paid 300 for mine it was about an inch with a couple small branches. If I had it to do over I’m not sure I would be willing to pay that much. With out the red it’s nothing special, just paying for potential.

i know where that one is coming from and it’s probably very healthy, not trying to talk you out of it. But it’s likely going to take a lot of patience and maybe some luck to get the red.

Yeah. It's a healthy frag, and the deal is pretty good since I'm already getting most everything else in that picture. But my concerns are exactly like you described. I'm still on the fence.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll post my all green before and latest pic... maybe we can keep track. I def have red coming in.

1/9/22...in my tank for 2 weeks:
Rainbow_Splice-0850.jpg

7/1/22:

export-2154.jpg

6E9795B9-8F8A-41D9-BB03-872F17052169.JPG

Here's a little follow up on this one. I have since fully frag the main branch and it is growing back. Along with shooting a lot of branches (exciting). As you can see my all-Green Rainbow Splice most definitely produced the second color. Shot under blue as my lights are ramping down.

fire-3026.jpg

Back