Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I just made of video on how all my fish died do to a medication

please don’t used this ich medication

I don't say this to be a jerk, But if the fish have all been dead long enough for you to film format and upload a YouTube video about It, the post probably doesn't deserve the emergency tag.

OP
OP
josephsTropicalTanks

josephsTropicalTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't say this to be a jerk, But if the fish have all been dead long enough for you to film format and upload a YouTube video about It, the post probably doesn't deserve the emergency tag.
The reason why I recorded everything in the last few days was because I am in chat with The manufacturer I am letting all of the people here on reef2reef to know about this product so people won’t go through what I went through I understand you are not being a jerk but please understand I did not post this video for views I am posting it to warn people about this product
I just purchased a $2500 system
To lose all of my fish
Please understand

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they didn't die to whatever illness they had?

I say this because herbtana isn't really a medication that is going to work and cure your fish....

By the look of that clownfish, I would say Velvet killed all your fish. Herbtana is just a waste of time and didn't cure them so they died to the parasite.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you lost your livestock. In marine aquaria, pretty much the only way to properly treat Ich or other ailments is prazi, copper or hypo QT. You can pretty much guarantee any 'ich fix' product for marine is snake oil.

That being said, from the sores it looks like your fish suffered from uronema or possibly bacterial infections. This may not have to do with the medication but rather ammonia buildup.

OP
OP
josephsTropicalTanks

josephsTropicalTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they didn't die to whatever illness they had?

I say this because herbtana isn't really a medication that is going to work and cure your fish....

By the look of that clownfish, I would say Velvet killed all your fish. Herbtana is just a waste of time and didn't cure them so they died to the parasite.
Yes it happen Just at the Second dose

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it happen Just at the Second dose
Alot of white rock in there how old was you aquarium? Looks like its freshly cycled and that's alot of fish, especially if added all at once. Also like others said that herbal tonic is basically snakeoil its not going to cure anything but its not what killed your fish.

Sorry for your loss I know how frustrating it is most people who have kept marine fish long enough can relate to losing fish.

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I just made of video on how all my fish died do to a medication

please don’t used this ich medication

I don’t understand this, I have used this stuff frequently and the only thing that hates it is snails.

I can also tell you that the local Petco has their fish permanently swimming in the stuff.

Really doubt it is the Herbtana unless you poured the whole bottle in or something

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can qt your fish and transfer them to clean synthetic sw tank and keep transferring them in order to get rid of anything this imo is the best route.
Most healthy fish can fight off ich.
I don't doubt most tanks have it. Just a matter of showing of not or breaking out. Like covid. Lol
D

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, Herbtana is snake oil, but I don’t believe that is what killed your fish. If you said it killed all your inverts or corals, it might make sense, but your fish most likely died of disease. How old was the tank and how did you add and acclimate the fish (how many at a time, did you quarantine, how did you acclimate?). Need more information to help you narrow down what happened, but my best guesses are disease and or overwhelming your tank by stocking too quickly.

a.t.t.r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank according to your YouTube post Atleast is two weeks old. You have some very fragile and illness prone fish in a tank that really should only have a couple simple fish at this point.

I really doubt the medication had any impact on this and would be curious what your water parameters were before this happened

cthetoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I didnt see any corals or invertebrates in your tank you could of used Copper Power. I had great success with that. I have yet to see anyone successfully get rid of ich/velvet with Herbtana. Im experimenting with hydrogen peroxide now and getting excellent results as well. Humble.fish has great info on dosing peroxide

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.1%
Back