Almost Dead BTA treatment progress

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6 (continued):
An hour or two after the day 6 treatment, I found it inflated and upside down so I took the opportunity to try to stick it back to the rock. After a few seconds of gently holding it to the rock, it held onto the rock on its own and stayed there.

Day 7:
There has been an improvement in its appearance compared to day 6, but it looks about the same as day 5 which was before the lighting mishap. Supposed to be the last dose of cipro given.
72D54F5F-0CB4-4E5A-A5F1-827842A41646.jpeg

Day 8:
Foot partially detached from rock, appears to be about the same otherwise. Overall, I think the initial 2 days of treatment resulted in a significant improvement in health. After day 3 there did not appear to be any significant improvements in health. I am going to stop cipro treatment, keep it in QT in its box, and continue with frequent water changes until its health improves. I read that some people grind up mysis shrimp and selcon into a paste and feed small amounts to bleached anemones, which I might try in a few days if it doesn’t improve. I would be curious to hear your opinions on the next steps I can take.

7288AD2D-5DDC-422B-A035-48ED9BDB9A96.jpeg
If you’re doing water changes to take the medicine out be my guest, but don’t do it in general I feel like it needs to accept the water conditions in your tank. Do you remember your nitrates and phosphates when you accumulated it in the tank? If you do keep it around those levels.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back