Aloha! Newbie here setting up my first reef tank! I am excited, nervous, stressed and seem to be spending money every 3 minutes.

OP
OP
Badvegas

Badvegas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i spend close to 20-30$ a day usually taking care of my tank. I tend to buy thongs preemptively so i can save a little. What size tank have you put together?
Have not purchased any ‘thongs’ yet but not ruling that out! I’m building the RedSea reefer 250. 64gal total..53ish in the tank. I’m hoping to get my build thread going later today. Unfortunately work keeps getting in the way. Ty

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As you've already discovered there is so much collective knowledge on here, you are in the right place. Welcome to the community :)
giphy.gif

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo Badvegas, Welcome!
You seem to be taking a good thoughtful and slow approach. That will be the best place to start. It is also good that you seem keenly aware of the financial toll this hobby CAN take. Do your research, ask questions, work with a budget and pace your setup purchases. It can be manageable. You found a good place here. As a new reefer myself I have found so much confidence with R2R as a resource. Start a build thread as you go to help us all learn!

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all I am so glad to have found this community. I have found so much helpful Info just from reading many of your threads and pics! So thank you everyone! I am nervous about taking on this hobby and really want to do it responsibly and safely! And by that I mean I don’t want to injure my animals or myself! I will be starting a build thread for my RedSea Reefer 250 today or tomorrow. I feel less stressed about things knowing that I have R2Reefers to help me along this journey! *Lots of questions coming soon!! Ty

Very exciting!! Welcome to R2R and don't hesitate to ask questions :)

giphy.gif

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back