Alternate different types of food is a good idea?

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I hope all is well.

I have a pico reef only 4 gallons, I'm keeping a mix of Soft corals, LPS and SPS

- Zoas
- Palys
- Neon Blastomussa
- Green Duncan
- Winters Pipe Organ
- Red Goniopora
- Neon Spongodes Monti
- Minty Fresh Aussie Acro
- FF Red Robin Acro

my feeding routine is

- Two days a week PolypsLab booster & PolypsLab ROIDS
- Red Sea REEF ENERGY A&B

and I make a water change of 30% on Fridays.

I should add pods? Like

- AlgaeBarn ECOPODS - 4 LIVE COPEPOD SPECIES
- PolypLab Pods T. Californicus
- PolypLab Pods T. Biminiesis

I should change one day for other food? or mix ROI with other products like reef Nutrition Phyto-Feast

Thanks
Martin

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't hurt to fix up food but I doubt it would give you any significant improvements.

Pods are another question. I like copepods.. If you started off with dry rock then you probably don't have much unless you were sloppy with hitchhikers. I wouldn't add them thinking that they will significantly feed the corals but rather for general tank diversity and for their cleaning.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I hope all is well.

I have a pico reef only 4 gallons, I'm keeping a mix of Soft corals, LPS and SPS

- Zoas
- Palys
- Neon Blastomussa
- Green Duncan
- Winters Pipe Organ
- Red Goniopora
- Neon Spongodes Monti
- Minty Fresh Aussie Acro
- FF Red Robin Acro

my feeding routine is

- Two days a week PolypsLab booster & PolypsLab ROIDS
- Red Sea REEF ENERGY A&B

and I make a water change of 30% on Fridays.

I should add pods? Like

- AlgaeBarn ECOPODS - 4 LIVE COPEPOD SPECIES
- PolypLab Pods T. Californicus
- PolypLab Pods T. Biminiesis

I should change one day for other food? or mix ROI with other products like reef Nutrition Phyto-Feast

Thanks
Martin

Thanks for considering our Phyto-Feast. It is the most concentrated phytoplankton product on the market and has a 9 month 'best by' date. We also sell copepods and other small particle foods for corals and filter-feeding inverts; it's our specialty. Our Oyster-Feast is our most popular product for corals. Many people combine our Phyto-Feast and Oyster-Feast when feeding their corals and inverts. Please send me a message if you are interested. We have some shipping specials going on right now.

Best,
Chad & Team Reef Nutrition

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't hurt to fix up food but I doubt it would give you any significant improvements.

Pods are another question. I like copepods.. If you started off with dry rock then you probably don't have much unless you were sloppy with hitchhikers. I wouldn't add them thinking that they will significantly feed the corals but rather for general tank diversity and for their cleaning.

Thank you @Spare time for the explanation.

Yes, I started with dry rock. I'll use copepods

Thanks
M.

OP
OP
maceto

maceto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for considering our Phyto-Feast. It is the most concentrated phytoplankton product on the market and has a 9 month 'best by' date. We also sell copepods and other small particle foods for corals and filter-feeding inverts; it's our specialty. Our Oyster-Feast is our most popular product for corals. Many people combine our Phyto-Feast and Oyster-Feast when feeding their corals and inverts. Please send me a message if you are interested. We have some shipping specials going on right now.

Best,
Chad & Team Reef Nutrition

I'll message you

Thanks
Martin

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ps just to let you know its pretty easy to start your own phyto culture if you buy some live phyto. I did it just for fun and it worked out pretty well.

deleau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pods have all come from Reef Nutrition, and I usually keep a couple bottles of various foods in the fridge as fallback/change up/"I'm lazy" feeding options as opposed to frozen and dried that I also keep on hand. Also, phyto is cool/fun/easy to grow as well...you might want to find a local buddy to share because you're likely to end up with way more than you can use.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 25 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 5.2%
Back