Alternative to Live Aquaria

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the top banner on their home page. Like many others vendors, they are pausing operations due to the virus.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef4Less already gone. Everything on website is out of stock????

uh oh.

28449222-647D-4F84-AB69-1F2623A7D04E.png
All retailers that use SDC as their wholesaler have suspended shipping livestock. Its nothing to do with this retailer specifically.

The other major wholesaler QM still has some stock and is still shipping but they havent received a new shipment in several weeks. I wouldnt be surprised if the retailers that get their supply from QM (like Live Aquaria) start shutting down shipping soon.

My local importer/wholesaler hasnt been able to get a shipment in for several weeks either.

dohc97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had previous good experiences with liveaquaria but all the recent quality complaints and the insane pricing on dd has led me to find someone else. Bluezooaquatics was great the few orders I did but don't have much left. I am giving TSM aquatics a shot, like the website, fair pricing for quarantined fish and they answered all my questions, I'll give you guys an update when order comes in.

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree.
But where did Reef4Less come from, and why would they use same pics and website template?
We need new vendors!!
But fishyaquatics was spin off and it failed the same, so asking questions is good for us all.
I hope they are awesome.

and WHERE is Reef4Less on R2R? Why no responses or answers to questions.

we all want a new source! But....we hear a duck? Hoping not! LiveQuaria responds.

and they added new stock every day this week. Nice items! Indo, Malaysia etc.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R4L is the same as saltwaterfish.com, just without the 15 day guarantee. They just use the stock photos from their wholesaler, SDC. Go to SWF and they have the same message as R4L, with the same owners.

"Scott and Karen Hughes,
Owners,
Saltwaterfish.com "

"Scott and Karen Hughes,
Owners,
Reefs4less.com"

I have no issue with this business model. It gives consumers the opportunity to tap into the vast inventory of the wholesalers with reasonable markups and appreciate the option of paying cheaper prices for DOA guarantees only. I am willing to make that tradeoff, quarantine all fish myself, and accept the losses that come with that.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R4L is the same as saltwaterfish.com, just without the 15 day guarantee. They just use the stock photos from their wholesaler, SDC. Go to SWF and they have the same message as R4L, with the same owners.

"Scott and Karen Hughes,
Owners,
Saltwaterfish.com "

"Scott and Karen Hughes,
Owners,
Reefs4less.com"

I have no issue with this business model. It gives consumers the opportunity to tap into the vast inventory of the wholesalers with reasonable markups and appreciate the option of paying cheaper prices for DOA guarantees only. I am willing to make that tradeoff, quarantine all fish myself, and accept the losses that come with that.
@ReeferBlaine

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back