Aluminum t-slot deflection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gp!
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gp!

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2017
Messages
631
Reaction score
423
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting in the hospital thinking about hanging equipment. I don't have access to a computer at the moment.

Does anyone have deflection numbers for any of the t-slot profiles.

For example, a 5' length of 4 way x 1" t-slot. What weight causes 1/8" bend. 1/4" bend. Etc or anything similar.

Thanks!
 
Sitting in the hospital thinking about hanging equipment. I don't have access to a computer at the moment.

Does anyone have deflection numbers for any of the t-slot profiles.

For example, a 5' length of 4 way x 1" t-slot. What weight causes 1/8" bend. 1/4" bend. Etc or anything similar.

Thanks!
I think if you go online to the t slot catelog there is a page that gives you that info. I will see if I can find a link.
 
Sitting in the hospital thinking about hanging equipment. I don't have access to a computer at the moment.

Does anyone have deflection numbers for any of the t-slot profiles.

For example, a 5' length of 4 way x 1" t-slot. What weight causes 1/8" bend. 1/4" bend. Etc or anything similar.

Thanks!
https://www.tslots.com/
 
@Gp! I am curious what you ended up going with? What deflection and why?
 
@Gp! I am curious what you ended up going with? What deflection and why?

I went with 1010.

These were for sliding equipment racks - mainly lights and sump stuff. That is a standard size that let me reuse tooling and hardware I use for other things.

I ended up checking deflection against cad models but it was minimal for my needs. The 1515 profile would have been stronger but this is mainly cosmetic - more than an 1/8" is usually visible for lots of people.

If it was for levelling a tank stand I would have wanted at least 1/16" or 1/32" so that the tolerance of the level was the weakest link.
 
Thank you for your reply! That helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new