Am I full? (120G stocking)

purple_jeep

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2022
Messages
66
Reaction score
9
Location
Tucson
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gday All,

I have a 120G (4ft x 2ft x 2ft) with the below list of fish and I am wondering how loaded my tank is? I am having an issue with lack of Nitrates (phosphate is at 0.1) and gettting some clumps of hair algae. The LFS suggested I might need more fish and therefore more food and more waste to help the tank.

Current Fish:
  • 2 x Clowns
  • 2 x Bengali Cardinal Fish
  • 1 x Lawnmower Blenny
  • 1 x High fin Goby (with shrimp although I have not seen them in a while I still hear the shrimp)
  • 1 x Diamond Goby
  • 1 x Mandarin Goby
  • 1 x Tamoni Tang
  • 1 x Foxface
  • 3 x blue chromis
  • 1 x six line wrasse
  • 1 x pin tail wrasse
  • 1 x flame hawkfish
Current Inverts:
  • 2 x Urchins (tuxedo and pincushion)
  • 2 x Conch
  • blue legged hermits
  • Snails assorted
Running sock filter, skimmer, refugium, dosing NP Bacto Balance and All-for-reef. Feeding 3 cubes of frozen Mysis and some seaweed extreme each day.

Cheers

Chris
 
ok I won't add anymore, with the 6 cubes and vari it, what other foods would you feed? Are you talking 6 cubes of different frozen foods plus the seaweek extreme?

I also have TDO chroma boost pallets
 
ok I won't add anymore, with the 6 cubes and vari it, what other foods would you feed? Are you talking 6 cubes of different frozen foods plus the seaweek extreme?

I also have TDO chroma boost pallets
You can do 3 cubes twice a day.
 
I would add a variety of good dry food like TDO pellets and marine one flakes. Frozen food does not have all the nutrients fish need.
I would add two more large fish another smallish (like yellow, convict, kole or purple) tang and a regal Angel, and perhaps a few more small/medium fish like flame or flame-back angels.
 
What kind of clowns do you have. O. Clowns? Maroon?
 
Can we have a tank pic? Size isn't the most important factor when compared to having enough sleeping / hiding space.

A tank like Paul B has vs a tank that has NSA aquascaping can hold a vastly different amount of fish.
 
What kind of clowns do you have. O. Clowns? Maroon?
O. Clowns, they just spawned for the first time so thats fun!

Can we have a tank pic? Size isn't the most important factor when compared to having enough sleeping / hiding space.

A tank like Paul B has vs a tank that has NSA aquascaping can hold a vastly different amount of fish.
Yup I'll grab a pic at lunch.
 
Correct me if I am wrong but isnt np bacto balance a carbon source to lower nitrate and phosphate? Maybe stop dosing that? or cut back on it?
 
Correct me if I am wrong but isnt np bacto balance a carbon source to lower nitrate and phosphate? Maybe stop dosing that? or cut back on it?
Balance is supposed to do carbon dosing but adding N and P to keep everything at a happy level. I have since starting this thread increased my feeding and N and P are at a much happier level. Although now I seem to have a ton of vermited snails :(
 
Balance is supposed to do carbon dosing but adding N and P to keep everything at a happy level. I have since starting this thread increased my feeding and N and P are at a much happier level. Although now I seem to have a ton of vermited snails :(
Oh lol they got me! At least this isnt 5 years old..
 
Can we have a tank pic? Size isn't the most important factor when compared to having enough sleeping / hiding space.

A tank like Paul B has vs a tank that has NSA aquascaping can hold a vastly different amount of fish.

Here you go!

PXL_20240610_194622252.MP.jpg

PXL_20240610_194629318.MP.jpg

PXL_20240610_194633267.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new