Am I Fully Stocked?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikellini
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikellini

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2014
Messages
170
Reaction score
2
Location
Vernon BC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 93 gallon cube (30x30x24) with the following stock:

Misbar ocellaris x2
Bangaii cardinal
Diamond goby
Royal gramma
McCosker's flasher wrasse
Tricolour fairy wrasse
Melanurus wrasse
Kole tang
One spot foxface

Total water volume is just under 100 gallons with the sump, I have a strong skimmer and dose vinegar so have no nutrient problems. Minimalist aquascape, running marinepure media in the sump. I'd like to add one or two more fish, maybe a Copperband butterfly (have a source of mysis-eating healthy specimens), a dwarf angel, and/or another wrasse. Haven't added corals yet (want things to really stabilize first) but will have a mixed reef with one or two clams. Thoughts?
 
Some would say yes and others will say no. according to how much filtration you have, skimmer how much live rock you have. Lot of variables there, I have 6 big fish and 6 small fish in a 90 but I have a 35 gallon fuge with macro and a 30 gallon sump. I think I am over capacity a little but am planning a big build in the near future so I will just keep up the tank until then.
 
Being a cube tank there's more surface to air ratio involved and more floorspace so that's a good thing in your favor. With that said I personally would not add any more. Cheers and happy reefing
 
Well that's three saying 'yes' to being fully stocked, I guess that's good enough for me. The fish I want to add would be questionable anyway, so I guess I was trying to kid myself :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new