Am I missing something. Redsea phosphate test

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having a few issues with my phosphate level, or I think I have anyway.
Both of these test were done at the same time the only difference is that one was done with 16ml of ro water and 1ml of tank water and the other was done with 17ml of tank water. But they both have me the same result. The one of the left is full tank water.
IMG_20201121_003222.jpg

The vials are cleaned with to water after each use. When in the comparator they both read as 0.08 so it isn't like the test is maxed out and reading the highest level on both. The max test result is 0.16
I am going to get a hanna checker soon when my LFS reopens but is there anything I can do now to try to get accurate results?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread same problem

salifert always reads 0

Red Sea reads … idk … .12?

these kits don’t make sense to me
0.12 is about when the salifert test starts to be readable, anything under 0.1 for me reads as zero, so your tests make total sense to me…get a Hanna.

Upvote 0

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having a few issues with my phosphate level, or I think I have anyway.
Both of these test were done at the same time the only difference is that one was done with 16ml of ro water and 1ml of tank water and the other was done with 17ml of tank water. But they both have me the same result. The one of the left is full tank water.
IMG_20201121_003222.jpg

The vials are cleaned with to water after each use. When in the comparator they both read as 0.08 so it isn't like the test is maxed out and reading the highest level on both. The max test result is 0.16
I am going to get a hanna checker soon when my LFS reopens but is there anything I can do now to try to get accurate results?
They both don’t look the same to me, the one on the right as I look at the screen looks much dark, tho I a seeing the colour through a screen so that is not helping.

What you can do is, decide if 0.08 is the lvl you want, if not you can start to lower it, 0.08 if it’s correct is not that high, especially if you do t see any issues, no rush just wait for the Hanna.

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back