Amino Acid for LPS preference

ajtomase

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
368
Reaction score
162
Location
Chandler
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to do an LPS only tank. What does everyone use for amino acids for the LPS corals? I'm thinking about using one of the following products:
  • CoralAmino
  • Restor
  • AcroPower (only for sos?)
  • Red sea ab+ (fridge)
  • KORALLEN-ZUCHT

Thoughts?
 
I'm using aqua vitro fuel. But I have no idea if it's any good or not. Almost impossible to quantify any benefit.
 
I use AB+ because it contains more than just aminos. It's an actual food source. That's why it has to be refridgerated.
 
I use Reef Energy AB+ also. I think it is a source of organic carbon compounds that corals (and other organisms) can use as food when dissolved organic carbon might otherwise be a little too low. That said, if I can ever get enough fish in the tank to keep DOC at a decent level without over-feeding, I'll quit using the AB+.
 
I use AB plus and acropower along with PNS yellow sno
 
I do use or have used all of the ones listed, mostly I think aminos perhaps create a feeding response (puffiness of flesh in particular if broadcasting KZ LPS aminos),
I also do think Red Sea provides more than aminos as well fwiw (as In food source) and is currently my preferred in LPS/mushroom tanks,
I also soak my coral food in aminos (brightwell) and believe I see much more of a response when doing this as opposed to simply soaking coral food in tank water.
so the answer is, your choice? :)
 
I use AB+ because it contains more than just aminos. It's an actual food source. That's why it has to be refridgerated.
Ditto -
 
KZ LPS aminos, scolys, blastos , acans really puff up after dosing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new