OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was she fat or starved from parasites despite treatment?
Mine is in QT( coppersafe). She is eating blackworms and some mysis. No sand in the QT system. She’s always out with the aurulentous anthias eating well. Fingers crossed

She was not fat yet, but definitely a healthy size and eating well. Good luck on the QT, I would love to hear how it goes and what approach you took. It is a fish I will likely try again at some point.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for the loss

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is in QT( coppersafe). She is eating blackworms and some mysis. No sand in the QT system. She’s always out with the aurulentous anthias eating well. Fingers crossed
You are greatly increasing stress on the fish by not having sand imo

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news, I just found one that is a little larger and purchased it. From the picture, this one appears to be mostly adult colors. I plan to move this one through QT as quick as possible and get him into the big tank. I am going to start copper as soon as she is settled and eating. Hopefully it will go better in 2018.

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any update on her? Is she still doing well in coppersafe?

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who are you getting them from, if you don't mind saying. I tried three so far and non made it.

PGT253

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sad to report that this thread will end like so many other Lennardi threads. Unfortunately I found her dead on the bottom of the tank this morning. Based on the fact that she was not buried in the sand I am thinking that she must of died before lights out at 9 last night. I fed her reef frenzy around 7 and she was still eating great. I have no idea what could have killed her so quickly. A post mortem inspection revealed no torn fins or any other indication of damage and a fresh water dip showed no indication of parasites. If I try again I will likely try one that is a bit larger.

Sorry for your loss... I've recently had the same experience as a fairy wrasse and 2 leopard wrasses died overnight in a non-medicated QT. They ate well the night before, next morning they were goners. No signs of parasites/infections. If I am to qt wrasses again, I'd do 2 rounds of prazipro, a couple rounds of TTM then to the DT. I'd not bother with observation or prolonged QT period anymore. Wrasses seem too delicate and easily perish overnight in QT

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who are you getting them from, if you don't mind saying. I tried three so far and non made it.

Hi TUSI, I have purchased them both from online vendors. The first was a juvenile from PIA. She arrived very active and eating right out of the bag. She continued this right up till she died a month later. The second is a slightly larger specimen from NYAquatic. It should arrive later this week.

How did your three die? I suspect your experience is typical. Sanjay is the only person I have seen successful with this fish. However, I would love to see this improve. It is certainly a beautiful fish.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi TUSI, I have purchased them both from online vendors. The first was a juvenile from PIA. She arrived very active and eating right out of the bag. She continued this right up till she died a month later. The second is a slightly larger specimen from NYAquatic. It should arrive later this week.

How did your three die? I suspect your experience is typical. Sanjay is the only person I have seen successful with this fish. However, I would love to see this improve. It is certainly a beautiful fish.

I had one juvi that did well for at least six months and then dissapeared. That I had purchased from a local pet store. Few months ago purchased one from quality marine, it was so small that I knew it was not going to make and it died one day later. The last one was from PIA and same as yours she was very active eating and looked really good. Decided to put her in the display and my cleaner wrasse harressd her into the sand. Saw her few times out again and then dead like a week later. I got one coming from reefers direct this week that had been in their system for two weeks and been eating and hopefully this makes it. It is a very difficult fish to keep in captivity. Sanjay had success with it but I dont think she was a juvi when he got it. Had femenines wrasses and same thing vey difficult, bought six to get one to make it. I think the problem start from the holding places were they are kept with no sand and then they come to us stressed out. Ill keep u posted on mine when i get it.

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking forward to hearing about your success with this new fish. Please keep me updated. Hopefully with more of these fish coming in now we will learn how to have better success with them.

BTW, at about 27:30 in this video Sanjay mentions he got the Lennardi as a juvenile.

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find the video currently, but I remember seeing at one point he had 2 Lennardi wrasses. So I think your statement about finding a good one is accurate. Right now it seems to take several tries to get one of these to make it.

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She just arrived and so far looks great! After drip acclimation she will go into QT.

2E1577DB-68F9-44B9-8718-E0E4B3FD3882.jpeg

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She just arrived and so far looks great! After drip acclimation she will go into QT.

2E1577DB-68F9-44B9-8718-E0E4B3FD3882.jpeg
What are you doing to avoid ammonia toxicity during drip acclimation? Regardless, you are much more likely to have success setting the qt to the same salinity the fish will arrive in, then you simply float for temp and release. Then the already stressed fish does not have to deal with salinity acclimation or ammonia.

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you doing to avoid ammonia toxicity during drip acclimation? Regardless, you are much more likely to have success setting the qt to the same salinity the fish will arrive in, then you simply float for temp and release. Then the already stressed fish does not have to deal with salinity acclimation or ammonia.

Usually not much. I test the water in the bag for ammonia and move quicker if any is present. I do match salinity for the incoming fish, but still do a short drip acclimation anyway. It is probably overkill.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually not much. I test the water in the bag for ammonia and move quicker if any is present. I do match salinity for the incoming fish, but still do a short drip acclimation anyway. It is probably overkill.
I may be wrong but testing ammonia when the pH is rapidly changing (depending on test kit) may skew the results. That being said, if it's under 30 min you are usually safe.

I would argue that it's not overkill but unnecessary stress. There is no need to drip acclimate if temp/salinity match. Also ime temp drops during drip acclimation unless the container is floating/hanging in the tank or being heated. I also want to get sand dwelling wrasse out of the bag asap before they injur their beak diving (if they haven't already). Good luck, and I hope you succeed my friend!

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am hoping you succeed in getting this fish to do well. Pls keep us posted

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am calling Day 1 a success. When I got home today she was still out swimming so I gave her some Fish frenzy and she ate quite a bit of it. If she still looks good tomorrow I plan to start copper.

6EFC95E5-4729-425E-BB6F-EC5E0B8A20F2.jpeg

OP
OP
Z

zed102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In an effort to get her through QT as quick as possible I started dosing copper on Thursday. Over the past 3 days I have added Coppersafe twice a day. This evening was the final dose and I am now at 2 ppm. With the sand in the tank I will watch it over the next few days to make sure it stays above 1.5. So far she has shown no signs of copper sensitivity and has continued to eat. After 14 days I am going to move her to my clean observation tank.

B0E48F93-A097-40F7-92A7-383F889EF329.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back