OP
fishdoc11

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be tight getting cycled and rdy by swap time :)

I have had the 30 going for 2 years so it's technically an upgrade and should be ready to go the day I transfer all the rock and corals. I have some new rock cycling that I will add as well. I did want to have it setup for a few weeks before the swap though. A few is turning into a couple. I would REALLY be getting nervous if I was starting from scratch:)

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the 30 going for 2 years so it's technically an upgrade and should be ready to go the day I transfer all the rock and corals. I have some new rock cycling that I will add as well. I did want to have it setup for a few weeks before the swap though. A few is turning into a couple. I would REALLY be getting nervous if I was starting from scratch:)
Yea why i started at end of the year hopefullu be all rdy by then [emoji1]

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gonna paint or stain the stand? If staining you might want to pre-treat the wood since you have a mixture of what appears to be maple and pine in there. They will both absorb the stain differently.

OP
OP
fishdoc11

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gonna paint or stain the stand? If staining you might want to pre-treat the wood since you have a mixture of what appears to be maple and pine in there. They will both absorb the stain differently.

Birch plywood with pine stain. Not sure but I am leaning towards stain at the moment. I will keep that in mind, thanks Dave!
Chris

OP
OP
fishdoc11

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant pine trim, not pine stain. But I think you got that:)

I will post pics of the progress. Got holes puttied and started cutting out the top for overflows. Realized I need to finally break down and buy an oscillating tool, oh darn:rolleyes:

OP
OP
fishdoc11

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank fits, always good when that happens:)
Got myself a new oscillating tool too.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
fishdoc11

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I have everything that I can think of that I need to plumb it. I guess saving the 32 bazzilion PVC fittings I have saved all these years finally came in handy.

OP
OP
fishdoc11

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put the final coat on the stand today. I think it turned out pretty well. I'm going to wait to put the doors on till I get it setup in the house. Hopefully I will have the tank and sump filled with fresh water with pumps running this weekend for leak testing.
image.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back