And then there were pics...

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tangs like to fight so = bad .. dunno tho just be carefull some people are able to have several tangs without them fighting and others not so lucky

OP
OP
LeoLionFish

LeoLionFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I guess I will have to change my wish list with Santa.

Travis D.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 tangs. in a 120 is too many. I would lose the naso and powder blue from that list if I were you.

I love the lights too....

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good, tangs are not that bad...they might fight for a while but it will slow down after dominance is established...twenty fish is a lot but I have what many may consider a lot of fish in my tank as well, just be sure to maintain good water quality. I have three tangs in my 150 and they do fine (yellow, powder blue, and yellow belly blue regal)...I plan to add an Achilles tang a little later down the road as well. Most tanks I see with a powder blue (including mine) have a uv sterilizer, if you don't have one you may want to consider one. Some people will say they are pointless but those are the same people that say a powder blue is one of the hardest fish to keep...

Scape is sweet, can't wait to see it grown out with corals...what sort of corals are you planning to get?

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tangs like to fight so = bad .. dunno tho just be carefull some people are able to have several tangs without them fighting and others not so lucky

I'm one of the lucky ones lol it seems my tangs all battle for a day if I add a new one then they give up we'll just say I have a lot haha built I'd have to agree drop the naso then need at least 6' to run but a lot of the other common tangs you'd be fine also if you don't have an option for QT you can always get an oversized UV sterilizer and run it for 2-3 weeks after each new addition! But as always QT would be best check your local Craig's list and I bet you can pick up a old fresh water set up that'll have everything you'll need and you can just convert it for cheap!

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody has their opinions about tangs. diverse ones at that. I think that I have justified having a tang that was small, and just told myself when they get large I will just have to upgrade my tank! So whatever works you know.:xd:

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging the scape.

I've been hiding from the the tang police for about 5 months now, and I have a 120g.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All but 2 and then I wrangled some new ones.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly how many did you wrangle in? Don't worry, I wont snitch you out to the Tang Police.

OP
OP
LeoLionFish

LeoLionFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definatley like a lot of lps and softies. I have never tried sps but definatley want to have a nice mixed reef. Prob get some frogspawn, torch and bubble corals. I really like things that sway in the water column.

Travis D.

OP
OP
LeoLionFish

LeoLionFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love the naso!! How about that be my only tang and then add a lemon peel angel to substitute the yellow fish? I just really want a diverse color group of fish. Too bad I Like corals because I think triggers and puffers are awesome!! I am already thinking bigger tank just with predator fish!! My wife is gonna kill me!! Are there meetings for this type of ADDICTION??

Travis D.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't suggest a lemonpeel. They aren't really reef safe. You should get a yellow wrasse. They are brilliantly yellow, even more so than a yellow tang.....i'm thinking about starting a meeting for saltwater addicts. It will meet at my house weekly, and you have to bring a frag to get in.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back