OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't leave us hanging, what's in the Christmas present(s)!? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I've been asking around for and looking for a large tang (at least they grow large), one of my favorite tangs that I have had a few of in the past but now they are hard to find... Dussumeri tang!!

The last one I purchased grew into a yellowfin surgeonfish :confused:

Here he is all 2” of him:
IMG_9967.jpeg

Here is a picture of him in the QT:
D03F27EF804C_1703265285731.jpeg

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is extreme exciting! I'm so jealous, I think they are one of the most beautiful tangs out there! I saw my first one in person when I was at the Waikiki aquarium over a decade ago. I wish they stayed smaller so more people could enjoy them, but I'm glad you have a well sized aquarium for him :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:.

Bpp124987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude how are you going to get into that acrylic lowboy above the glass hospital tank which is above the sump number two?!?!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude how are you going to get into that acrylic lowboy above the glass hospital tank which is above the sump number two?!?!
Good question... LOL!!

I have a 3 step ladder I use all around the fish room to look into the water changing barrels and to access the high tanks... that was one of those things I thought... do I really need that... and then I did it anyway... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

It could be used for a lot of things like a hospital tank, a refugium, frag grow out, or even just a shelf to store things... I had those tanks on hand so I tossed that bad boy up there...

I got all the parts to plumb in the 80 & 40 gallon tanks, 300 water change barrel, manifold to feed the carbon reactors and CaRx & Sulphur Denitrator... it's going to be a fun plumbing job to get all those things functioning properly. I will be able to take each one off line and service them individually once I'm done.

Fun project to break in the new year!

H2OHOH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been watching this build for awhile, excellent work.

now that you have had it up and running…how would you say your routine maintenance has been? More or less than you were hoping?

i suppose with a project like this it may not get routine. I know I seem to be tinkering with mine all the time.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been watching this build for awhile, excellent work.

now that you have had it up and running…how would you say your routine maintenance has been? More or less than you were hoping?

i suppose with a project like this it may not get routine. I know I seem to be tinkering with mine all the time.
Thanks for chiming in…

It’s getting better… best move was getting the big magnet to clean the viewing panels!! I haven’t been in the tank for months!!

I’m always tinkering down there but even the feeding takes a decent amount of time. I feed 5 sheets of nori in the morning, mixed pellet feeder goes off twice daily, I then feed 14 diced up big shrimp when I get home from work, then some large pellets and algae wafers when the moons go on… repeat daily.

I enjoy it so it’s not too bad. I have some corals that are recovering and starting to grow back and that’s encouraging!

Here is a mystic monti that is growing back from the edge:
IMG_0019.jpeg

At some point I will need to treat for those daisy polyps that are snuffing out some of my corals!

Little wins and big fish keep me coming back for more!! LOL

Big fish loving the space:
IMG_0022.jpeg

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0081.jpeg
IMG_0080.jpeg
IMG_0079.jpeg
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg

Finished plumbing in the 80gal, 40gal and 300gal with drains and returns. Each one can be isolated and taken offline for servicing. Built out the manifold for the each of the four reactors. Added a 65 gal fish tank to the main frag tank rack. Moved the barrels under the stairs out of the way. Have a little clean up to do but I love it so far.

Back