Anderson Family Reef - Concrete Aquarium DIY 5K All The Way (Page 33)

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking it out Mark.

I like to think we all do the best we can with the resources we have available! :p
I've added the emoticon I should have added earlier; my comment was a quip that perhaps didn't cross the Atlantic very well. I read through this entire thread yesterday. Hugely entertaining and, at times, a little scary (e.g. the discovery of the bowed window). I think it's incredible what you've achieved, and I also think you're crazy. ;)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've added the emoticon I should have added earlier; my comment was a quip that perhaps didn't cross the Atlantic very well. I read through this entire thread yesterday. Hugely entertaining and, at times, a little scary (e.g. the discovery of the bowed window). I think it's incredible what you've achieved, and I also think you're crazy. ;)
Cheers Mate! You are correct. I am a little crazy. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I sat back and looked at the tank last weekend and thought to myself... This is pretty dang cool. I'm glad we put in the time and made this come together. It's amazing to see it full of corals and starting to mature.

Thanks for your kind words!! Reef on Brother!!

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
898955D5-4C8E-45B2-80BD-365A60801CA1.jpeg
82B37906-E555-4680-9497-24DF1BC7D1E0.jpeg
D9BBA9B7-796C-4236-8C79-B2B9DFB8148E.jpeg

Top down view, overlook/feeding area and sink action in the fish room… these will
change a little over time but wanted to show the current line up.

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that you’ve got some 1” fish in that monster tank
Thanks!

I am working towards having all sizes of critters in there… from the big white margin unicorn tang down to the small springeri damsel.

The clowns and damsels spread out and make little territories so there is action all across the reef.

Love how it’s turning out… ;)

OP
OP
dca22anderson

dca22anderson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All that room and the only two angels you put in are dwarf angels?
I love big angels! They could be my favorite fish... buuuuut I love LPS more at this stage :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:... Once the corals grow out and get big I may try a few of my favorites...
Ya really! Where are the big angels! :)
I think once the corals mature and can handle some nipping then I will add some big angels... I am starting to season a baby queen angel up now... ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back