0   0   0
I need to purchase a new reservoir.... Lol
MVIMG_20181124_120556.jpeg

ColParker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a picture of someone standing between the two tanks to get an idea of scale. I still can't choose between the two.

James Tucker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you find the H80 to be enough for your system over the refugium? I was using the same light on my previous tank, but I got a reefer 350 this week and I was contemplating moving to something more powerful this time around.

If you had a redo on the choice of refugium light, what would you pick?

OP
OP
Andre Arnold

Andre Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you find the H80 to be enough for your system over the refugium? I was using the same light on my previous tank, but I got a reefer 350 this week and I was contemplating moving to something more powerful this time around.

If you had a redo on the choice of refugium light, what would you pick?
Hey James!!!! On my setup I am running a Brightwell N03 Brick as well.... With the combination... My Nitrates are currently Zero and my Phosphates are 0.02.. My Chateo grows just fine... I am going to increase my feeding to and cut back the amount of time the light stays on.
If I had to redo... I probably wouldn't use to Brick and see if the Chateo can handle the Nitrates on their own..

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, with both of those tanks on that wall along with the light systems you are using they give you a very sleek appearance. Looking at the chandelier it doesn't flow with the appearance of those tanks, how is the rest of the room decorated?

Last edited:

James Tucker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey James!!!! On my setup I am running a Brightwell N03 Brick as well.... With the combination... My Nitrates are currently Zero and my Phosphates are 0.02.. My Chateo grows just fine... I am going to increase my feeding to and cut back the amount of time the light stays on.
If I had to redo... I probably wouldn't use to Brick and see if the Chateo can handle the Nitrates on their own..

The setup I was considering is very close to yours. Thanks for the insight. I’ll definitely use it. :)

Maxrotor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a great setup. I also have a Reefer 350 V3, however I have a few questions.

What are you dosing? I have a DOS pump and I am only dosing Red Sea Calcium and Alkalinity.
I was told that dosing near the return pump would clog up the Core 20. I am dosing in the first chamber where the water enters the sump. Is there any downside to this?
I will continue to follow closely as I have a long way to go to get to your level.

OP
OP
Andre Arnold

Andre Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a great setup. I also have a Reefer 350 V3, however I have a few questions.

What are you dosing? I have a DOS pump and I am only dosing Red Sea Calcium and Alkalinity.
I was told that dosing near the return pump would clog up the Core 20. I am dosing in the first chamber where the water enters the sump. Is there any downside to this?
I will continue to follow closely as I have a long way to go to get to your level.
Thank you very much!!! I am actually dosing Triton Core 7 "Other Methods". I am dosing in the first chamber as well... I decided to do it there as well because that's the highest flow area of the sump.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back