Anemone advice

NicoleZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I bought a green bubble tip anemone for my tank. I’ve never had an anemone before and I just wanted to know if people have any tips for keeping a healthy anemone. At the moment it is currently in a good spot , it hasn’t been moving around . I keep the flow low just enough for the corals I have to move around softly. It’s small so I have been spot feeding it a couple of mysis once a week. I feel like my light isn’t enough so I am looking into another ( recommendation would be greatly appreciated). I worry because every so often the center gets wide and I just want to beat the odds . People always say anemones are hard to keep. I’ve been keeping an eye on the levels but any other tips would help a ton

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have BTA's at around 175-200 PAR. I am using Reef Breeders and T5's on that system. We have found that when their mouth starts to gape, it can be a terrible thing. We usually spot feed them at that point and they are usually fine by the next moring. They also don't do well in low flow. They don't necessarily want to be blasted by flow, but they do like the water moving around them.

OP
OP
N

NicoleZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the information, I really wanna keep my little anemone happy so it can grow to be big and beautiful.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back