Anemone basket substrate crushed coral/reef rubble

Lgara1303

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2024
Messages
227
Reaction score
53
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone, so my 50 gallon frag tank has been cycling for quite a while now and I am ready to add some test coral with this, I want to set up a anemone/mushroom basket, but I have seen other people use my question with this is what would be the best substrate to use in this? Should I go for a crushed coral and bigger green sand or should I stick with reef rubble? I have also seen some people use stuff like matrix so I did order some aqua forest bio fil I am going to see how that looks but I would like to see what everyone else is using and if you use a crush coral, please let me know which one you like to use or give me the link to it which is even better. I am thinking I would like to/some kind of. Like the bio fil because I’m also planning to hopefully brag some soft coral and attach them to that just let me know what you guys think please
 
You could also just try a flat piece of rock with it. Play around and see what works best :)
 
I've seen it done with both sand and rubble / crushed coral if i remember correctly.
What do you think would be better personally I think rubble could be good because once it attached is to a rock, you could just pick the rubble up or that rock up sand whatever attaches to that would be kind of hard
 
What do you think would be better personally I think rubble could be good because once it attached is to a rock, you could just pick the rubble up or that rock up sand whatever attaches to that would be kind of hard

Then I say try that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new