Anemone help...

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He dosnt want to come out of the bag. How do I get him out?

16872824003087171441131345189984.jpg

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Make sure you have your pumps and lights turned off when adding it to the tank. Turn the pumps back on after the anemone has attached its foot to a rock and leave the lights off until tomorrow.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

I doubt lights need to be turned off though. Infernos, sunbursts, they have high end systems with a lot of light. Healthy nem will adjust fine.

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good!

I doubt lights need to be turned off though. Infernos, sunbursts, they have high end systems with a lot of light. Healthy nem will adjust fine.
It looks like he spat his stomach out a bit. There is a small white bubble where his mouth is. I can't get a picture yet since the tentacles are covering it up.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, testing the parameters is usually needed when acclimating anemones. I like to drip acclimate for around an hour, but if parameters are close, just putting it in after a 15 minute float can work.

May I ask how long the tank has been set up? Most anemone species have trouble thriving in tanks that have been set up for less than 6-8 months. It's why other people have asked about the rock, when you can tell what brand the rock is, it usually means that the tank needs a little longer before it can support anemones. It's still possible to keep an anemone in a new setup, but you'd need to keep an eye on parameters to make sure they're stable, and try to get some nitrate in the water. BTAs actually do best at around 10ppm nitrate, they like to have some nutrients in the water.

Looks like a very nice anemone. Hope it does well for you!

Knight420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice new Anemone, give it time it will acclimate. I don't have a bubble tip but I have a Maxi mini and a rock flower. They take a little time to find their happy spot, but when they do, DON'T try to move it. You could end up damaging it's foot. There are safe ways to make it move on it's own. I've heard of using a PVC pipe just larger than the anemone with a sponge on the bottom to prevent it from moving under it.

OP
OP
T

TCseh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, testing the parameters is usually needed when acclimating anemones. I like to drip acclimate for around an hour, but if parameters are close, just putting it in after a 15 minute float can work.

May I ask how long the tank has been set up? Most anemone species have trouble thriving in tanks that have been set up for less than 6-8 months. It's why other people have asked about the rock, when you can tell what brand the rock is, it usually means that the tank needs a little longer before it can support anemones. It's still possible to keep an anemone in a new setup, but you'd need to keep an eye on parameters to make sure they're stable, and try to get some nitrate in the water. BTAs actually do best at around 10ppm nitrate, they like to have some nutrients in the water.

Looks like a very nice anemone. Hope it does well for you!
My tank is 6 nearly 7 months old. I have been able to easily keep my nitrates over 10 and even nearly 20ppm for a while now.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back