Anemone hiding

xyousefb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Three days ago, I noticed my healthy anemone starting to move around the tank. This is the first time that it has ever moved around since I got it a month ago. Before I went to bed, it was far from its original spot. The next day, I woke up and it was no where to be found. I read some forum posts and thought maybe it's hiding somewhere, but today (3 days later), I decided to look for it under blue light, and couldn't find anything except for 1 tiny tentacle that was in an old hermit crab's shell.

I got to thinking that it might've gotten stuck in the powerhead at night but there is no sign of it on the powerhead. The powerhead is almost clean.

What do you think might've happened?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hiding. As long as the environment you've provided is good enough, there's nothing to be concerned about. Don't go looking for it

OP
OP
X

xyousefb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hiding. As long as the environment you've provided is good enough, there's nothing to be concerned about. Don't go looking for it
What about the tentacle that I found?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How large of a nem? You sure it was a tentacle? Keep in mind when deflated they can be very tiny. How large of a tank? Able to check ammonia? My guess is the nem is under a rock and deflated. If stuck between 2 rocks and you go digging, you run the risk of tearing its foot without knowing.

h20cyclone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tentacles can come off for a number of reasons with an Anemone. It is likely that is is hiding and adjusting to the new conditions for its environment. I would just keep an eye out for it, but I wouldn't rip apart the tank looking for it as that can cause more stress to it.

Back