Anemone hosts clown fish. Adding Damsels made it happen.

Visionz44

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2024
Messages
12
Reaction score
30
Location
Port St Lucie
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally the anemone is hosting the clown fish. Took a long time. This happened after we added 6 new damsel fish to the tank to help raise phosphate. My tank is too clean. I gave up a long time ago and went to look at the tank and I was shocked at what I saw. Attached a video. I am so excited....
 

Attachments

  • clown fish.mp4
    9.6 MB
Finally the anemone is hosting the clown fish. Took a long time. This happened after we added 6 new damsel fish to the tank to help raise phosphate. My tank is too clean. I gave up a long time ago and went to look at the tank and I was shocked at what I saw. Attached a video. I am so excited....
congrats! interesting method but gld it worked out for you. I also recently added some damsels to my tank because it is "too clean"
 
Here are more photos
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
 
forgive my total lack of knowledge here - what kind of clowns do you have? they are so pretty and look so different from the usual kind! (I actually wasn't sure if the pics were of the aforementioned damsels at first since I know 0 fish by sight but it seems like those fish are shaped differently.) thanks for sharing either way and congrats on the hosting!!
 
The clown fish are skunk clown fish. There are 2 types of damsels. one is a Azure Damsel and the is a Blue damsel
 
awesome thank you!! i guessed the clowns were skunk from using a guide. really appreciate you clarifying so I can learn! they are gorgeous also
 
Sorry for the (probably dumb) question, but sort of nem is that? Doesn't look like a bubble tip (unless it's totally lost it's bubbles) or any others I know... anyways, happy the clowns have *finally* accepted their new home!

EDIT- dumb me, thought this was a new thread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new