Anemone Id

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lanny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lanny

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Messages
24
Reaction score
36
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a shipment in and trying to ID these guys.. I'm guessing Heteractis Malu but these yellow feet are so pretty.
20220422_135011.jpg
20220422_135033.jpg
20220422_135047.jpg
 
Wow! Wasn't expecting that yellow foot at all.
Yeah it's quite vivid. I dont think its artificial either. I think I'm going to change my guess to H. Crispa. The density of tentacles is why I'm second guessing. Some of them hold their shape like a malu/carpet where the fold up and make little peaks; unlike Ritteri, LTA's and bubbles which tend to keep their oral disk relatively flat IME.
 
I believe crispa but very similar to Malu anemone
 
Looks just like a yellow foot malu I had years ago. Wish I still had that nem lol.
Agree as stated. Was a toss up but malu stands out
 
We got 7 of them in from the Phillipines yesterday listed as Radianthus sp. All of them look great after the first night in cipro with the exception of one who has a completely inverted foot where all the insides are sticking out. Going to continue the treatment on him and see how it goes. The other 6 are in isolation but not being treated tonight as they look robust and happy. A few of them did throw out some dark globs of grossness, but that's to be expected.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new