Anemone Identification and Advice

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27FD6DD2-1654-466D-B93B-055E3A67ADD2.jpeg

I’d love some help identifying this anemone and any advice to care for it.
This little guy hitched along when I purchased this Watercube 10 from someone locally.
What kind of anemone? Why are it’s tentacles short? What and how do I feed it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are it’s tentacles short naturally? Does it look healthy? I know nothing about it.
Tbh idk much about it myself. I know it’s a less active anemone (it won’t walk as far) but that’s it. I’d look up some info online.
it seems like it may be splitting (idk how rock anemones split) Bc there seems to be a second mouth forming. Nevertheless it’s a beautiful animal and you are fortunate to have found that as a hitchhiker! All I’ve ever got is verstatid, aptasia, and byopsis!!!

OP
OP
MorrisMustang

MorrisMustang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh idk much about it myself. I know it’s a less active anemone (it won’t walk as far) but that’s it. I’d look up some info online.
it seems like it may be splitting (idk how rock anemones split) Bc there seems to be a second mouth forming. Nevertheless it’s a beautiful animal and you are fortunate to have found that as a hitchhiker! All I’ve ever got is verstatid, aptasia, and byopsis!!!
Funny enough, this little one has moved around every night once the lights go off. I thought it was splitting too! Glad to see someone else thinks the same.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock flower anemones do not split, they reproduce via release of gametes and sperm into the water and hoping they knock together. Is it upside down? I dont know why a rock flower would look like that if it wasnt, mine very briefly looked like that when it was flipped upside down though

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock flower anemones do not split, they reproduce via release of gametes and sperm into the water and hoping they knock together. Is it upside down? I dont know why a rock flower would look like that if it wasnt, mine very briefly looked like that when it was flipped upside down though
If it is upside down, that would explain why its moving so much- its being blown around. I would double check

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is upside down, that would explain why its moving so much- its being blown around. I would double check
Agreed, my rock flowers walked but not more than a couple inches in a week. A good distance every night like a BTA or something would be very unusual for a rock flower, I'd definitely check

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back