Anemone losing color?

Tiffany Lesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the story, I'll try to keep it short. We have a green bubble tip anemone(his name Fontus). I have felt like it has lost some of it's bright green lately, I was looking at pictures today of when we first got our tank and I'm not crazy, it is definitely a lot less green than it was. He has had quite the stressful time. Our first tank cracked about 2 weeks after we got all our fish and corals in, in the original tank, the anemone was doing great, our clown hosted it right away, and it was eating and pooping, and stretching out all normally. When the tank cracked, he some how wedged himself into the intake cover (not sure what to call it) so when we funneled the water out, and were transferring the rocks and fish into a bucket (we didnt have an extra tank at all) he was stuck inside the cracked tank. My fiance just broke the intake cover off and put him in the 5 gallon bucket with him still half way in it,we didnt wanna hurt him by pulling him out. He came out by himself and found a rock in the bucket, unfortunately they stayed in the bucket for about a day and a half, but we had the lights on, and the water moving, and only lost one cleaner shrimp luckily, so then we get the new tank, put everything back in, it was all the same sand, rocks, filters, and about half of the same water from the other tank, so the parameters shouldn't have changed too drastically, and our water tested fine when we got it checked. He explored around the tank, and has been in the same spot for about 3 weeks now, and hes still stretching out, eating, and pooping, but he just isnt aw vibrant. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Pics below.

OP
OP
Tiffany Lesh

Tiffany Lesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the story, I'll try to keep it short. We have a green bubble tip anemone(his name Fontus). I have felt like it has lost some of it's bright green lately, I was looking at pictures today of when we first got our tank and I'm not crazy, it is definitely a lot less green than it was. He has had quite the stressful time. Our first tank cracked about 2 weeks after we got all our fish and corals in, in the original tank, the anemone was doing great, our clown hosted it right away, and it was eating and pooping, and stretching out all normally. When the tank cracked, he some how wedged himself into the intake cover (not sure what to call it) so when we funneled the water out, and were transferring the rocks and fish into a bucket (we didnt have an extra tank at all) he was stuck inside the cracked tank. My fiance just broke the intake cover off and put him in the 5 gallon bucket with him still half way in it,we didnt wanna hurt him by pulling him out. He came out by himself and found a rock in the bucket, unfortunately they stayed in the bucket for about a day and a half, but we had the lights on, and the water moving, and only lost one cleaner shrimp luckily, so then we get the new tank, put everything back in, it was all the same sand, rocks, filters, and about half of the same water from the other tank, so the parameters shouldn't have changed too drastically, and our water tested fine when we got it checked. He explored around the tank, and has been in the same spot for about 3 weeks now, and hes still stretching out, eating, and pooping, but he just isnt aw vibrant. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Pics below.
Here are the pictures. It wouldn't let me put them in the original post
20180513_160613.jpeg
20180614_191343.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.7%
Back