Anemone? Maybe

army446909

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2017
Messages
92
Reaction score
102
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just notice about 5 or 6 of these have popped up around my tank. I’m not sure what it is but they may have hitched a ride on my clean up crew. Any ideas what it is? It’s about the size of a pee and kind of reddish with clear tentacles with green tips kinda
8EB39176-C66C-4429-9B4E-C1214DC9F596.jpeg
 
plus 1 for the white light, but if I had to guess based on what you said that 5 or 6 have popped up I would guess that they are aiptasia. These look like nice but they are not. Do they look like they are poking out of the rock? If they are then it is my opinion that they are aiptasia.

There are many threads here on R2R regarding this. Here is a like to LiveAquaria article on aiptasia https://www.liveaquaria.com/article/295/?aid=295
 
plus 1 for the white light, but if I had to guess based on what you said that 5 or 6 have popped up I would guess that they are aiptasia. These look like nice but they are not. Do they look like they are poking out of the rock? If they are then it is my opinion that they are aiptasia.

There are many threads here on R2R regarding this. Here is a like to LiveAquaria article on aiptasia https://www.liveaquaria.com/article/295/?aid=295
They are just sitting on the top of the rock best I can tell. Not sure what you mean by poking out.
 
Thanks all!! After searching the Google I have decided I agree they are ball anemones. Which apparently aren’t anemones at all but a type of mushroom, according to tidal gardens at least. I’ll just have to keep an eye on them.
 
Thanks all!! After searching the Google I have decided I agree they are ball anemones. Which apparently aren’t anemones at all but a type of mushroom, according to tidal gardens at least. I’ll just have to keep an eye on them.
Anemone family condyactis you may see more but they stay more in the darker areas of the tank. No problem at all. Cool find
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new