• WIN_20210211_12_17_42_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210211_12_17_42_Pro.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 54

NatureHold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has to be one of the most cringe-worthy threads I have ever read through on R2R. You really need to do some research on the proper husbandry of a reef tank. 95% of the questions you asked in this thread could have been answered with about 10 minutes spent on google...

Your last pictures show what look like diatoms or dinos starting to develop. With the tank being so new, you are going to be battling algae and bacterial bloom. None of which are great for a struggling anemone to deal with. I agree with what previous members have posted here; You should do what is right for the animal and return it to the store until your tank has settled out and you have matured in your husbandry practices.

Nano925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I agree you should park your nem at your LFS. Get em outta that tank. Too much to go wrong. Good luck!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please keep the discussion friendly. Thanks.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all understand how frustrating this hobby is but you are on the correct forum for help. A big thing would be to look up a beginers guide to keeping anemones in general as well as a 20 gallon tank build forum which is easy to find on your own, bulkreefsupply also has many videos for starting out. Most wouldnt recommend an anemone to a person just starting off and in such a small tank as a 5 gallon to begin with. You are making the correct steps with you setup now so keep it up.

Last edited:

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes words come off harsh and I dont think Naturehold is trying to be mean, he is just being honest. Dinos or dinoflagellates can be very bad in tanks and can hurt both the corals and anemone just usually not too bad too fast. I myself am still fighting dinos and have seen them get on my anemone and cause it to retract

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I won't return the anemone because I know I can keep it alive and healthy! I like challenge! And i absolutely LOVE aquariums in fact I already have 5! I have been keeping them for almost a year. And I am home all the time so I know I can keep the anemone thriving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back