0   0   0
giphy (10).gif

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not force feed anemone, you can try like a mysis shrimp to see if it will take but let it “catch” it if you will. I would focus on keeping very stable parameters and nitrate around 10ppm , anemones use nitrate as food source and would help bring back yr nem. The nem can bounce back forsure just needs stability

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not force feed anemone, you can try like a mysis shrimp to see if it will take but let it “catch” it if you will. I would focus on keeping very stable parameters and nitrate around 10ppm , anemones use nitrate as food source and would help bring back yr nem. The nem can bounce back forsure just needs stability
+1 see if he will catch it. If the anemone is not sticky it will not catch food.

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it bad if the anemone does not eat the food?
No, anemones can feed on nitrates in the water and also can receive energy from the light through photosynthesis by the bacteria inside. Feeding them will help them grow faster.

It is a sign of stress if the anemone does not readily accept food.

mwil79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not true, you dont "need" to feed them, they can survive on light and nitrates alone. They will however grow faster when spot fed.

Also 100% agree on not feeding for the first week. They are stressed and need time to adjust to the time. Let them do their thing and find their spot. Once they are happy with their surrounding then go ahead and feed them. Mine sat in a dark cave for 4 straight days (anxiety inducing) before coming out and finding its happy place. Patience is key.

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubbletip anemone is supposed to be a green bubbletip anemone but you have seen the pictures if it is supposed to be green than why is it brown and will it turn green?

mwil79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw some of the post but were you able to upgrade the lights for your tank? They will need pretty strong par to keep their color. Also the video I saw was under straight white lights which definitely will not show off much of the colors.

mwil79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He will get some color back just give it time and be patient. It is going to do things that you aren't going to like because to be honest Nem is going to do what Nem wants to do. Move, close, kill your coral if you have any and its in the way cause thats just what they do lol. :) At least you don't have a 3 headed hellfire torch in your tank with it like I do when it decides to take a stroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 106 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back